Friday, August 24, 2012

Amisha Ghadiali at TEDxObridge



Amisha Ghadiali is a very inspiring woman whom I have been lucky enough to meet a few times around London at ethical fashion events. Her background is political, but she has devoted much of her time to ethical and sustainable fashion through her work in the past with the Ethical Fashion Forum and her jewellery brand Elegance Rebellion - and now her latest project ThinkActVote (?!X).

She is the kind of person that reminds me of the necessity of great curiosity to excel in ethical fashion. Because you need not only knowledge of how to create good designs and a bulletproof buying plan, you also need to know how your sourcing plan effects the people involved and be aware of the complex motions that spread like rings in water when you change the way we source fashion. She reminds me that maybe humanitarian studies could have been better than fashion school for me, and that I can always step up my game.

So, please spend 16 minutes with her in this TEDx clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment