Sunday, February 17, 2013

Katrien van Hecke AW13 at Esthetica LFW

This season I totally forgot about fashion week until the last minute and threw myself into the mission of squeezing in some time for the Esthetica exhibition. Katrien Van Hecke is showing at LFW and Esthetica for the very first time. Her collection is a series of dresses and scarves made from her naturally dyed silks in the most beautiful hues of autumn.






 

 

The detail in the natural randomness is like a beautiful sunset and I adore the way Katrien van Hecke manages to cut interesting pieces from large plain pieces of fabric in a way that makes them fall with shape. You can really see it from the quality of her work that she's worked with Hussein Chalayan. The simple cut makes the print centre of attention and as she expresses it in an interview with White Blog:

...I create my own language starting from plain, pure fabrics, threads or fibres that I paint and sculpture into clean, clear images...


No comments:

Post a Comment